Monday, February 24, 2014

Weekly Running Recap - 2/17 - 2/23

Don't you just love Mondays?  I do, because it means I can get all analytical and see how my previous week of running was:
 
Tuesday - 5.5 miles
Wednesday - REST
Friday - 5.5 miles
Saturday - REST
Sunday - 3.9 miles
 
Total - 27.7 miles
 
So total mileage for the week was nothing special...definitely not up to where I want to be.  But I do think I more quality miles in there than I previously have.  And I suppose that's better because my next race distance is 5 miles, followed a week later by 6-7 miles in a marathon relay.  I'm not training for a marathon right now.  I am however, going to run a half marathon in late April or early May (not sure which one yet!), so I do need to be getting in higher mileage for that.

As for Friday's and Sunday's runs:

Friday - I ran 5.5 miles in 45: 35 for 8:17 average pace/mile on the treadmill at the Y.  Nothing special really.  I was planning to go for 8-10 miles, but I just couldn't stand the treadmill anymore.  That thing is killing me now.

Sunday - I ran OUTSIDE!!  Yay!!  I did 3.9 miles in 33 minutes for 8:28 average pace/mile.  I came extremely close to landing on my butt after sliding on some ice, but I used my awesome ninja skills to somehow stay on my feet.  The sidewalks were mostly clear, but still some icy or wet patches that were difficult to navigate.  I moved to the streets though (side streets) and it was a lot better then.  I struggled a lot at the start because it was so cold, but eventually warmed up and felt like I could've ran further (and maybe should have) but I also didn't want to be away from the house for too long because...
 
I was babysitting my younger cousins all weekend!  I got to do some fun, sports-related things with them this weekend:
 
Ryan had basketball games on both Saturday and Sunday and won both of them!


I forgot how entertaining grade school basketball is. It's so much better than watching college or NBA basketball.

Saturday night, Shannon's high school track team had time trials and parents were invited to a meeting and to watch the time time trials. Since this is right up my alley, I tagged along with Shannon as her parent for the night.
 

 
She did the pole vault, recording a tie with her personal record of 7 feet. Shannon missed all of outdoor season last year due to a surgery so I'm sure she will improve quite a bit this year!

She also ran the 400 and won her heat!

Other than that we did a lot of bumming around, watching movies & sports, and eating pizza, Thin Mints, Cheez-Its, and Portillo's.

What is the best part about your Monday?

What is your favorite track event?

1 comment:

  1. Portillo's <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 What I would give for a cake shake right about now...

    Indoor high school track isn't really a thing at all in Michigan, so we never had that growing up. It's still kind of weird to me that Illinois has indoor track for high schoolers! Do they have an actual pole vaulting pit in their gym at your cousin's school? That's crazy! My high school didn't even have an outdoor pole vaulting pit! (Though then again, track was not exactly high on my school's athletic budget priority list...haha)

    ReplyDelete